Who We Are.
Hi , I am Daniel and I am the founder of Straight Edges Ltd. I stumbled on my passion to transform old and dingy walls and ceilings into bright, straight, clean, smooth and homely rooms, perfectly tailored to realise each individual home owners requirements. Many people are unhappy with their property whether it be the colour, condition, shape, unevenness, dampness, straightness or the feel and atmosphere it gives them. We have a dedicated team working hard to make sure our customers love their own home. To help achieve this we do the following:
What We Do.
- Discuss with the customer what they ideally would like.
- Help with the best and most cost effective way to achieve this.
- Accurately quote on what we have agreed with the customer and do not change the price or try to add to it. (We understand that things change and people change their mind so any extras or changes requested by the customer are agreed in writing with an agreed price)
- Agree when the work will commence and approximately how long it takes.
- Ensure the house is kept tidy and as clean as possible during the project.
- Removal of all tools and equipment each time we leave.
- Removal of all rubbish and debris regularly.
- Perform all cosmetic changes or construction work to Building Regulations.
How We Do It.
- Walls – We aim to fill in every hole, crack or scratch with a straight finish in line with the existing wall so you don’t see them when painted.
- Woodwork – Again we aim to fill woodwork in as much as possible and leave gloss paintwork with a soft, smooth, dust free, high shine finish.
- Hand Painted – We do not use masking tape. We do use a carpet protection film to ensure your carpet stay in its original condition.
- Stripping – we ensure that every last bit of wallpaper is removed from the wall when we strip them. We then coat the walls with PVA bond to ensure the new plaster sticks firm in all places.
- Plastering and Skimming – Our plasterers have been plastering for over 15 years, day in and day out, this ensures our customers of a Straight Edge, spirit level, smooth finish.
- Plaster Replace – We use plasterboard, lined up straight with a laser or spirit level to ensure your edges are straight, horizontal and vertical. The plasterboard then has three coats of plaster applied to a perfectly smooth, straight finish.
We look forward to working with you.